10.15.2007

school girl

Jess and I went to see Mute Math on Friday night for a birthday-moving-girl's night extravaganza.

I've never been the person who gets there really early so they can be right up near the stage...but on Friday I wanted to be that person. We didn't really get there early, but somehow managed to beat the big rush of people and ended up being right up near the stage in the second row in front of Darren King, the drummer of Mute Math. I've never stood that close for anything. It was so great. I should be superfan more often.

Eisley opened for them--and they did a good job. I hadn't heard too much of their music before, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Its always good to see some girls representing.


I said before that I don't think there is a collective group of men who cause me to question my sense of style the way Mute Math can. Mostly it is because of the bass player, Roy Mitchell Cardenas. I mean, look how cool looking this guy is...fashion, fashion, fashion:Vest. Glasses. Belt. Chain. Hair. Pink. Bass.
Honestly. I feel like any time I see photos or interviews or what not with them, sometimes one of them will have a not so hot fashion day...but I'm pretty sure Roy just looks cool every time.

Let me just say that being right in front of Darren for the show was amazing. He's so crazy talented.

My entire year was made when they played Stall Out. That song keeps me alive sometimes. I didn't really expect them to play it.

Anyway, it was such a fabulous show. Here are a few more shots.






After the show we went outside, and Darren was out in front of the club chatting with people. I don't usually go out of my way to meet the band, but definitely love a chance to introduce myself and say hello. What I don't ever do is get a picture with the band or musician...but thankfully I was with Jess, and she WILL get a picture with the band/musician. Basically, I'm too cool, and I'm glad that she's not. Because we got a picture with Darren. We talked about Jeremy Larson. And I felt like a school girl.

Hello, Darren.

5 Comments:

Blogger The VanderPloeg's said...

julie - i love your posts. no apologies about all you are learning and reading out of all those books! i appreciate what you say, even though i don't comment! glad you had a super fun girls weekend!
jo

12:58 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Julie said...

thanks jo. : )

2:34 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Jim & Wendy said...

Love Mute Math! My little sister-in-law was there... wish I would have gone with now...

The keytar is the greatest musical instrument ever, no?

3:43 PM, October 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your most recent entries are a little too serious to post this, so i picked this one.

do you know about this?
http://www.vh1.com/interact/sweepstakes/mayercraft/

9:47 PM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Julie said...

yes...well, not the sweepstakes part. i'm a little disappointed that its called the mayercraft, I have to admit. I feel like he would be creative enough to pick something better, or he would have enough leverage to veto a horrible idea like "mayercraft" from a creative team. hm. oh well, i still love him.

11:21 PM, October 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home