10.06.2007

weekend fun

On Saturday I hung around in Holland all day. It was freakin hot. Yeah, freakin.

Coffee with Derek. He rode a scooter to the coffee shop that gets 80+ miles to the gallon. We talked about life and frienship and human relationship and how we're not ok with the fact that our college group of friends disbanded. And how the last time we sat at a table like that was at Cornerstone. Look what I'm wearing. In October! Amazing, I know. Usually it snows two weeks before my birthday. This weather is out of control and I love it.
Jess and I hooked up for a bit, and then later I met back up with Derek and Kendra and we ate dinner on the beach. Dinner on the beach in October is amazing.

I also bought The John Lennon Collection cd from a used music shop called Full Circle. He has my mom's hair style from 1990 in his photo on the album cover.

I sang/played on the music team today in the shed. That was possibly the most fun I've had in a very long time. I realized that with the exception of a few instances when I was living in Annapolis, this was the first time since high school that I've not been the actual worship leader when playing on any given music team. It was so much fun to just be responsible for myself and play. Also: in-ears suck when you're in the round and thousands of people are singing at you (by that I mean in your direction, in stereo). Why would I want to block all of you out? It was much better to ditch at least one of the two.

Today after the 11, Tom said "Doing this makes you not want to leave, doesn't it?" I told him I didn't want to leave Mars anyway, and that's been one of the most difficult aspects of this whole move. Then he said "This is going to be your church as long as you want it to be your church."

Ok, I choose forever.



All we are saying is give peace a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home