thanksgiving
Every year since the beginning of time, my dad has made us go around the table and say what we're thankful for before we eat on thanksgiving day. My brothers and I have always hated it. I can write about it openly like this, because we're open about the fact that we hate it every year. I suspect that we're getting around to the age where we'll begin to participate without complaining, and as soon as my nephew is old enough we'll be the ones requesting this tradition. Its only a matter of time. I'll accept that.
I'm thinking about Thanksgiving this year, and realize how much I am grateful for. When I thought about writing this post I feared the good intentions would be lost to the inevitable cheesyness of the post, so much so that its probably safe to call this a losing battle. I'll accept that too.
Nevertheless, here are a number of things that I'm thankful for.
I am thankful for...
My family.
My parents.
Older brothers.
My bonus sisters.
My nephew.
My friends.
I am thankful for...
Honesty.
Grand pianos.
Soap.
My iPod.
The repeat 1 setting on my iPod.
The repeat 1 setting on all music players worldwide.
Boots.
Generosity.
Microphones.
New York City.
Americanos.
My car.
I am thankful for...
Text messages.
Wine.
1am-3am.
Freedom.
My job.
Creativity.
Good art.
Picky graphic designers.
I am thankful for...
Blogs.
Photography.
Photographers.
The local classical radio station.
Cinnamon.
Winking.
The Beatles.
Text messages in the middle of the night.
Dishwashers.
Laughter.
The farmer's market.
Freckles.
I am thankful for...
Earings.
Chapstick.
Allergy medicine.
All things dry-erase.
Self-adhesive dry erase sheets that stick to my walls.
Mute math.
Good advice.
Patience.
Johnny Depp.
Early mornings.
Not having to worry about my next meal.
Heat.
Language.
I am thankful for...
People who voluntarily listen to my music.
More than once.
I am thankful for...
My mom who buys me clothes even if she thinks they're laughably ugly.
Google Reader.
Google.
My church.
Health.
Scarves.
Christmas lights.
Scotch tape.
New beginnings.
Hot water heaters.
Sushi.
Love.
I am thankful for...
Long voicemails.
Unexpected emails.
Dreams.
Change.
Mystery.
There is so much I could say......
You're welcome to chime in.
I'm thinking about Thanksgiving this year, and realize how much I am grateful for. When I thought about writing this post I feared the good intentions would be lost to the inevitable cheesyness of the post, so much so that its probably safe to call this a losing battle. I'll accept that too.
Nevertheless, here are a number of things that I'm thankful for.
I am thankful for...
My family.
My parents.
Older brothers.
My bonus sisters.
My nephew.
My friends.
I am thankful for...
Honesty.
Grand pianos.
Soap.
My iPod.
The repeat 1 setting on my iPod.
The repeat 1 setting on all music players worldwide.
Boots.
Generosity.
Microphones.
New York City.
Americanos.
My car.
I am thankful for...
Text messages.
Wine.
1am-3am.
Freedom.
My job.
Creativity.
Good art.
Picky graphic designers.
I am thankful for...
Blogs.
Photography.
Photographers.
The local classical radio station.
Cinnamon.
Winking.
The Beatles.
Text messages in the middle of the night.
Dishwashers.
Laughter.
The farmer's market.
Freckles.
I am thankful for...
Earings.
Chapstick.
Allergy medicine.
All things dry-erase.
Self-adhesive dry erase sheets that stick to my walls.
Mute math.
Good advice.
Patience.
Johnny Depp.
Early mornings.
Not having to worry about my next meal.
Heat.
Language.
I am thankful for...
People who voluntarily listen to my music.
More than once.
I am thankful for...
My mom who buys me clothes even if she thinks they're laughably ugly.
Google Reader.
Google.
My church.
Health.
Scarves.
Christmas lights.
Scotch tape.
New beginnings.
Hot water heaters.
Sushi.
Love.
I am thankful for...
Long voicemails.
Unexpected emails.
Dreams.
Change.
Mystery.
There is so much I could say......
You're welcome to chime in.


4 Comments:
I am thankful for...
vegetarian food
my church community
glitter-lots of it
smelly things
hot air balloons unexpectadly popping up on the high way.
harry potter
good books
your music
I'm thankful for...
life
a beautiful daughter
a caring husband
cell phones
internet
friends who are encouraging
prayer
faith
love
I am thankful for Jesus who makes all things possible.
Tums after a day of Thanksgiving food
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home