11.13.2007

clue #19 that I'm a nerd

I'll paint you a picture:

Right now I'm in the basement, sitting at my piano. On top of my piano are the following items: a cell phone, a black pen, a small notebook, a red dry-erase marker, a sleepy iBook, and a small computer speaker laying across the keys of the piano that I rarely use. At my feet is a sustain pedal, a pair of headphones, a black dry-erase marker, a mug with an inch of cold coffee in the bottom, and a lot of cords.

I'm sitting here practicing some stuff, and for about the last half hour I have been silently wondering why nothing sounds quite right. Is my piano out of tune? Not really possible, its digital. Why does something here sound out of tune?

I've been trying to ignore the notion that there's something wrong here, and have tried to barrel through. Then suddenly I played a chord that sounded just a little better than usual...and I noticed a faint droning bass note that was supplementing the chord beautifully...only I wasn't playing it on the piano. Who is playing bass with me?

Oh, I see. The space heater in the room hums on an F#.

I hope this doesn't mean that as long as the weather is cold all of my songs are going to be in the key of F#.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,

There's a speed button on the heater and you could change the pitch!

6:43 PM, November 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...that is really funny to me

12:57 AM, November 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home