meetings.
I feel like I've spent the last two weeks of work in meetings.
Today, I reached my limit.
During my afternoon meeting today, I seriously felt delirious. Funny, I know. But its true. I started having all these irrational thoughts, like:
"There's gotta be a way I can get out of this....I wonder if I can sneak out of here....Maybe I'll just go hang out in the bathroom...I think the walls are spinning."
I couldn't focus, I couldn't listen, I couldn't engage. It was funny, but a maddening kind of funny.
It really has nothing to do with the actual job. "Its not you, its me." I know it was a really important meeting, and I care about Flannel so deeply. After all the pain and tears and sweat (?), I really do care about and love Flannel. But today, I thought I was going to pass out.
I know I wasn't the only one. A certain co-worker of mine who will remain nameless spent a good 45 minutes bending and folding his candy wrapper into a perfect cylinder. I saw another nameless coworker crafting her candy wrapper into some form to the point where she was so proud she nugded the person next to her to show it off to him.
So how did I cope? I ended up spending the last 30 minutes of the meeting playing "piano" on my lap below the table top.
LAME.
Someone, please, SOS.
Today, I reached my limit.
During my afternoon meeting today, I seriously felt delirious. Funny, I know. But its true. I started having all these irrational thoughts, like:
"There's gotta be a way I can get out of this....I wonder if I can sneak out of here....Maybe I'll just go hang out in the bathroom...I think the walls are spinning."
I couldn't focus, I couldn't listen, I couldn't engage. It was funny, but a maddening kind of funny.
It really has nothing to do with the actual job. "Its not you, its me." I know it was a really important meeting, and I care about Flannel so deeply. After all the pain and tears and sweat (?), I really do care about and love Flannel. But today, I thought I was going to pass out.
I know I wasn't the only one. A certain co-worker of mine who will remain nameless spent a good 45 minutes bending and folding his candy wrapper into a perfect cylinder. I saw another nameless coworker crafting her candy wrapper into some form to the point where she was so proud she nugded the person next to her to show it off to him.
So how did I cope? I ended up spending the last 30 minutes of the meeting playing "piano" on my lap below the table top.
LAME.
Someone, please, SOS.


3 Comments:
I remember those kind of meetings.
They made me want to work for myself.
Now, after freelancing for 18 months, I'm ready to have a job again!
i was the one who formed my candy wrapper into the first letter of my co-workers name and i'm dang proud of it! these meetings are exhausting and you have to find a way to cope... it doesn't mean you're not there, it just means your mind has to explore other areas to keep the area that's being exploited in check!
haha Sue, I was hoping you'd read this one. i'm glad you identified yourself. : ) now you know what was going on in my head during some of those meetings.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home