WOW. WOW.
So, funny day...
First of all, I love my co-workers. I do. Under the current circumstances of deja vu that we seem to be sharing, several of us decided after going to lunch that we'd go see "Once". Perhaps you're thinking "wait, didn't you JUST see that movie last night?"
Yes, thank you for asking, I did. Also, last night before going to the movie, I had the naked vegetarian burrito from Qdoba. Guess where we went for lunch today? Good guess, Qdoba. Yes, I had the same thing for lunch and went immediately to the theater to see the same movie that I saw last night. Strange, really. And none of it was my idea.
The rest of you who aren't wondering about whether I had already seen that movie were asking something more like "wait, you all went to a movie during work?"
Anyway, I said WOW. WOW. for a reason: the soundtrack for this movie is killing me. It is incredible. Oh my goodness. I can't even tell you. So, go and listen to it yourself, its streaming on the website.
I was sitting next to Sonny, and after the movie was over, he said "Admit that whole time you just wanted to go home and write. If you don't admit it, you're lying." Its true.
Anyway, by the time we made it back to the office, Dan had the soundtrack waiting for us at the base of Flannel.net. Just to give you an idea, Dan is one of those crazy-in-a-good-way-techy-IT-interwebby kind of guys who knows how to do everything, and even scares you sometimes because of what he knows. For instance, for Dan's birthday, Seth gave me a print out of a message in binary code that said "Happy 36th Birthday, Dan". I had it put on rice paper and put it on a birthday cake for him. Here's that cake:


Dorky, eh? Just because the films we make are ultra-cool does not necessarily imply that we are cool.
But, whatever, this all dims in comparison to what I really wanted to tell you about, which is this amazing soundtrack.
My favorites on the soundtrack right now:
If You Really Want Me
When Your Mind's Made Up
Lies
I would say this soundtrack is one of the best to come along since the Truman Show. I'm not sure how many of you concur with that, if you're not into that kind of music. And by that, I mean if you're not into gorgeous classical and instrumental music that doesn't rely on lyrics to tell a story. Haha, come on now, I'm not serious....well...
What is really great is that most all of the music was written and performed by the actors in the film. That is amazing. I think that's what I loved about Moulin Rouge so much--they didn't write the music, but they did sing it.
By the way, I hope you aren't cringing at the mention of Moulin Rouge. That's one of the most beautiful films in existence. I cry my eyes out every time I watch it. Still. The story truly is the story of the gospel. The closing line of the film gives me chills: "...A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all these things, a story about love."
I'm getting all off track. I'm still trying to tell you how amazing the soundtrack for Once is. Its amazing.
First of all, I love my co-workers. I do. Under the current circumstances of deja vu that we seem to be sharing, several of us decided after going to lunch that we'd go see "Once". Perhaps you're thinking "wait, didn't you JUST see that movie last night?"
Yes, thank you for asking, I did. Also, last night before going to the movie, I had the naked vegetarian burrito from Qdoba. Guess where we went for lunch today? Good guess, Qdoba. Yes, I had the same thing for lunch and went immediately to the theater to see the same movie that I saw last night. Strange, really. And none of it was my idea.
The rest of you who aren't wondering about whether I had already seen that movie were asking something more like "wait, you all went to a movie during work?"
Anyway, I said WOW. WOW. for a reason: the soundtrack for this movie is killing me. It is incredible. Oh my goodness. I can't even tell you. So, go and listen to it yourself, its streaming on the website.
I was sitting next to Sonny, and after the movie was over, he said "Admit that whole time you just wanted to go home and write. If you don't admit it, you're lying." Its true.
Anyway, by the time we made it back to the office, Dan had the soundtrack waiting for us at the base of Flannel.net. Just to give you an idea, Dan is one of those crazy-in-a-good-way-techy-IT-interwebby kind of guys who knows how to do everything, and even scares you sometimes because of what he knows. For instance, for Dan's birthday, Seth gave me a print out of a message in binary code that said "Happy 36th Birthday, Dan". I had it put on rice paper and put it on a birthday cake for him. Here's that cake:


Dorky, eh? Just because the films we make are ultra-cool does not necessarily imply that we are cool.
But, whatever, this all dims in comparison to what I really wanted to tell you about, which is this amazing soundtrack.
My favorites on the soundtrack right now:
If You Really Want Me
When Your Mind's Made Up
Lies
I would say this soundtrack is one of the best to come along since the Truman Show. I'm not sure how many of you concur with that, if you're not into that kind of music. And by that, I mean if you're not into gorgeous classical and instrumental music that doesn't rely on lyrics to tell a story. Haha, come on now, I'm not serious....well...
What is really great is that most all of the music was written and performed by the actors in the film. That is amazing. I think that's what I loved about Moulin Rouge so much--they didn't write the music, but they did sing it.
By the way, I hope you aren't cringing at the mention of Moulin Rouge. That's one of the most beautiful films in existence. I cry my eyes out every time I watch it. Still. The story truly is the story of the gospel. The closing line of the film gives me chills: "...A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all these things, a story about love."
I'm getting all off track. I'm still trying to tell you how amazing the soundtrack for Once is. Its amazing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home