yes.
Many of you know I'm trying to get a tour off the ground....and in the process have gained incredible insight into why booking and management companies exist. They exist because I suck at their job. That's why. And that's why artists (kind of) gladly hand over a percentage of everything they make, because if it weren't for them, people like me would never make anything in the first place. I have a new found appreciation for booking and management agencies, and would like to find one to belong to asap. Seriously.
Anyway, I just got word of the most exciting development in this tour thus far: I just booked myself in New York City! Yes, that's right, Manhattan. Yes, that's right, my favorite city on earth! I'm so excited.
I'm playing at a place in the Lower East Side called Pianos. Its awesome, and I'm the upstairs lounge act. Yeehaw.
I'm so excited for that day when I attempt to drive a car in New York City with Mindy holding a print-out of Google Maps, yelling at me to turn left. If its anything like us driving to La Guardia, its going to sound something like this:
"Do I turn left here?"
"Yes. I mean, no wait, no. Yes."
"Yes or no?"
"Yes."
"Yes turn left?"
"Yes."
"Oh geez, watch out! Oh, oh there you go. Good job."
"Thanks."
"Good job."
"Thanks."
"You got this."
"Thanks."
"You're doing a good job."
"Thanks."
Its going to be awesome.
Friday, November 9.
Ok, so come and see me!
Anyway, I just got word of the most exciting development in this tour thus far: I just booked myself in New York City! Yes, that's right, Manhattan. Yes, that's right, my favorite city on earth! I'm so excited.
I'm playing at a place in the Lower East Side called Pianos. Its awesome, and I'm the upstairs lounge act. Yeehaw.
I'm so excited for that day when I attempt to drive a car in New York City with Mindy holding a print-out of Google Maps, yelling at me to turn left. If its anything like us driving to La Guardia, its going to sound something like this:
"Do I turn left here?"
"Yes. I mean, no wait, no. Yes."
"Yes or no?"
"Yes."
"Yes turn left?"
"Yes."
"Oh geez, watch out! Oh, oh there you go. Good job."
"Thanks."
"Good job."
"Thanks."
"You got this."
"Thanks."
"You're doing a good job."
"Thanks."
Its going to be awesome.
Friday, November 9.
Ok, so come and see me!


1 Comments:
November 9th
New York
I'll get right on that...
but seriously I wish I could! How exciting is that!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home