8.26.2007

Maranatha


Yesterday all of us South Africa lovers got together at Ruth's place at Maranatha. There's something about the beach at Maranatha that is better than any beach I've ever been to in my entire life. I'm sure this has everything to do with the fact that I spent some of my richest childhood and teenage memories on that beach with some of my favorite old friends. Nothing ever mattered there except who you were with and if you were all there.

Its always great to be back on that beach and have a look around.

I spent a lot of time on these swings...

I logged a lot of hours around this fire pit...

I feel like I've seen thousands of Maranatha sunsets, but they never grow old.



We had a great time last night....good company, good food, good wine, good conversation.


Stace, Jon (above) and I came up with a brilliant business plan for a greeting card company called "Hellmark". Little did we know how qualified the three of us are to write the content. If we strike it rich, you can assume it was because of Hellmark.


Trace said something yesterday that I loved...She was speaking from the perspective of being unsure about the whens and the hows of the journey her family is on. She told us she has heard God saying "Why are you crying today? Are you hungry today? Was your bed not comfortable last night? Today I have taken care of you."

In a hundred different ways, I keep hearing that reminder.
"Today is the most interesting day."

2 Comments:

Blogger josh and michele said...

i love the beach pictures you took!
love michele

12:53 PM, August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always interesting to go back to the places you remember as a child.

I felt that way last time I was in Washington DC (2003, familoy reunion). But there were so many changes... Like the song says, "You can never go back there again."

Beautiful, beautiful pictures.

And thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

2:18 PM, August 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home