i like these.
There are some lyrics that have been really profound to me lately. Here are some of those...
"After all, we're only human. Always fighting what we're feeling, hurt instead of healing..."
"I keep stalling out, I just can't keep up. There's alarming doubt: am I good enough? But you keep coming around to convince me its still far from over."
"You can build a house of leaves and live like its an evergreen. Its just a season thing. Its just this thing the seasons do."
"Take it in stride. Take it in stride. Take it in stride.
Its not your fault. Its not your fault. Its not your fault."
"Rest in my arms, sleep in my bed. There's a design to what I did and said."
"I'm not on my own. You are not alone."
"We are made of love and every fracture caused by the lack of it."
One of the most beautiful songs I've heard was written by an artist that I never listen to--Nicole Nordeman. Someone gave me her cd as a gift a couple years ago. I never really got to like the album, but there is one song on it (actually two that kind of merge into one) that completely captivated me. I remember standing in my living room, sampling the cd from one song to the next. I got to "Crimson", and it caught me off guard a bit. Actually, a lot. The poppy CCM vibe was completely absent and the song was stunning. It was so beautiful that I felt like I needed to sit down right there and listen to it intently. It carried into the following song on the album, "Hold On". I remember that song moving me so much that by the time the song was over I was in the middle of the living room floor, laying on my back with my eyes closed. The sun was streaming into the room and I had tears running down my cheeks. You really really need to download those two songs. I don't really even like that they are two separate tracks, because together, they make a whole.
I almost hate that I'm about to write out the lyrics, because the (instrumental) music really creates the most beautiful part of the song. I feel like its almost compromising the song.
***ok, so I came back later and took the words down. I couldn't handle the words being up here without the melody. Sorry, but you'll be glad that I did if you actually do download the song. If you don't....well, you should reconsider.***
Please, please download those songs. I'll give you $2.
"After all, we're only human. Always fighting what we're feeling, hurt instead of healing..."
"I keep stalling out, I just can't keep up. There's alarming doubt: am I good enough? But you keep coming around to convince me its still far from over."
"You can build a house of leaves and live like its an evergreen. Its just a season thing. Its just this thing the seasons do."
"Take it in stride. Take it in stride. Take it in stride.
Its not your fault. Its not your fault. Its not your fault."
"Rest in my arms, sleep in my bed. There's a design to what I did and said."
"I'm not on my own. You are not alone."
"We are made of love and every fracture caused by the lack of it."
One of the most beautiful songs I've heard was written by an artist that I never listen to--Nicole Nordeman. Someone gave me her cd as a gift a couple years ago. I never really got to like the album, but there is one song on it (actually two that kind of merge into one) that completely captivated me. I remember standing in my living room, sampling the cd from one song to the next. I got to "Crimson", and it caught me off guard a bit. Actually, a lot. The poppy CCM vibe was completely absent and the song was stunning. It was so beautiful that I felt like I needed to sit down right there and listen to it intently. It carried into the following song on the album, "Hold On". I remember that song moving me so much that by the time the song was over I was in the middle of the living room floor, laying on my back with my eyes closed. The sun was streaming into the room and I had tears running down my cheeks. You really really need to download those two songs. I don't really even like that they are two separate tracks, because together, they make a whole.
I almost hate that I'm about to write out the lyrics, because the (instrumental) music really creates the most beautiful part of the song. I feel like its almost compromising the song.
***ok, so I came back later and took the words down. I couldn't handle the words being up here without the melody. Sorry, but you'll be glad that I did if you actually do download the song. If you don't....well, you should reconsider.***
Please, please download those songs. I'll give you $2.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home