oh my soul
Dude...sometimes I get so happy when I read the blog of the church I go to sometimes when I'm in VA. Check out this piece from Todd's recent blog recapping what went on last Sunday:
It's not every day that you find a place that so honestly and humbly confronts themselves. How freeing to be able to identify that we're doing it wrong so we can try to do it right.
Sunday's topic was "The Main Themes of Jesus' Teaching."
Here are some of the questions we discussed and some of the answers we came up with:
1. What are the main issues or topics that the church seems to be concerned with?
* abortion
* gay marriage
* role of women
* individual salvation
* authority
* conformity
* correct doctrine
* sin
2. What are the big problems our world is facing?
* hunger
* poverty
* war
* disease
* homelessness
* environmental issues
* persecution
* prejudice
* oppressive or corrupt governments
The point of these first two questions is to examine the relevance of the church.
It's not every day that you find a place that so honestly and humbly confronts themselves. How freeing to be able to identify that we're doing it wrong so we can try to do it right.


2 Comments:
Everyone should read Todd's Blog. It's fully correct!
i can definitely appreciate a church with that much honesty.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home