6.30.2008

Hello.

Hi there. I've been pretty busy as of late. I've been pushed and stretched and thrown into situations during the last couple of weeks that have caused me to return to the same two thoughts:

1. Everything always happens at once. It's feast or famine.

2. I have some really good friends. Love you.

I've been given a clear (or, more clear) view of myself and my health and I'm happy and proud to say that I've come a long way, darlings.

I've been given a clear (or, more clear) picture of love, and I can say this confidently--love is real, and for one of the first times I see--love is exciting. Like, really exciting.

Love is slow.
Generous.
Patient.
Necessary.

"Wasn't it better to hope that tomorrow would bring a better day and to cut the losses and trust that we could get on better footing? The silence of self-condemnation, despair, and/or frail hope is a subterfuge that pretends the symptoms are due to stress when the problem is cancer. Silence will not begin until that persistent inner voice justifying our failure to love is muted.

A hint may now be offered as to why grace is so demanding in its free offer - all that's required in response is stunned silence and overwhelmed gratitude. A stunned and grateful heart is free to love because it has been captured with the hilarious paradox that we are unlovely but loved, and unable to love but free to try without condemnation. And all efforts to love are made useful by a great Lover who superintends all our bumbling efforts and turns the dross of mixed motives to the gold of eternal intentions."
Dan Allender, of course, of course.