7.11.2008

...




1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

This is actually a comment on your post about slowing love down.
My husband and I went to CU, and you are so right -- the pressure is ridiculous (as it is in many Christian circles I've been in) to marry young. We married at 21 and 20 and have never once regretted it; however, I don't think we rushed into it either. We really were ready and we didn't allow others to push us to get married the year before we were ready, as so many encouraged us to do.
I was asked once "Would you recommend young marriage?" and my answer was "Uh, no!" It has absolutely been the right thing for us, but I have seen too many couples end up in horrible marriages or divorced because they were too young and rushed things. It is certainly not for everyone.
I'm sure you remember the whole candlelight tradition at CU -- I refused to have one, because I thought that whole tradition actually had a lot to do with pushing people towards engagement. The whole thing made the engagement and wedding the focus, rather than helping people prepare for the marriage...so sad to me...

11:06 PM, July 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home