i dont care if i'm being repetitive...
...It's just that there's so much about life that I don't understand. I read this months ago, and it's on my mind all the time:
"It seems inconceivable to most of us that relief can be found in facing our failure. In seeing what is in our heart, we might be further compelled to flee from our presumption of self-sufficiency and embrace the hope of relationships built on God's initiative and not on our performance. However, this kind of dependence requires a broken heart that has given up the demands of pride. Many are simply not ready for such a loss of face." (Dan Allender, Bold Love)
Failure brings relief.
Many are simply not ready for such a loss of face.
I'm going on one year of trying to read this book. I'm on page 70. I might finish it by the time I'm 30.
"It seems inconceivable to most of us that relief can be found in facing our failure. In seeing what is in our heart, we might be further compelled to flee from our presumption of self-sufficiency and embrace the hope of relationships built on God's initiative and not on our performance. However, this kind of dependence requires a broken heart that has given up the demands of pride. Many are simply not ready for such a loss of face." (Dan Allender, Bold Love)
Failure brings relief.
Many are simply not ready for such a loss of face.
I'm going on one year of trying to read this book. I'm on page 70. I might finish it by the time I'm 30.


3 Comments:
Failure also gives you a humble heart which is what we need if we are going to be any good! God lifts the humble! Love you - look up - it is going to be a great year!
The best year is beginning now. I am confident in God and you for this. I love you very much!
Thanks for the encouragement in your writing Julie. You are beautiful.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home