disconnected thoughts on money
This could be a weird post. Just to warn you.
I'm of English/Irish descent, and inherited the trait of not speaking openly about my finances.
However:
I keep having this series of thoughts...over and over and over and over...about money and about how we always say that everything we have is a gift. I always get really inspired when I see people live the idea of viewing their possessions as things that are not even theirs...that everything belongs to God...
But I keep getting stuck on that, because what about when our stuff suddenly becomes a major problem? Like what about this car that I have that I cannot afford...how does that work? When once I could look at it and think "gift"...and then its flipped on its head and now I look at it and think "burden".
How do those things "from God" turn from "gift" to "burden"?
I just keep having this impatient thought that goes something like...."Alright God...if everything I have is a gift, and if really when it comes down to it, they are not even my things, but actually yours....then please take the car back. I don't want it."
Or what about the house that was once a "gift" but won't sell?
It just gets me right now.
That's all.
I'm of English/Irish descent, and inherited the trait of not speaking openly about my finances.
However:
I keep having this series of thoughts...over and over and over and over...about money and about how we always say that everything we have is a gift. I always get really inspired when I see people live the idea of viewing their possessions as things that are not even theirs...that everything belongs to God...
But I keep getting stuck on that, because what about when our stuff suddenly becomes a major problem? Like what about this car that I have that I cannot afford...how does that work? When once I could look at it and think "gift"...and then its flipped on its head and now I look at it and think "burden".
How do those things "from God" turn from "gift" to "burden"?
I just keep having this impatient thought that goes something like...."Alright God...if everything I have is a gift, and if really when it comes down to it, they are not even my things, but actually yours....then please take the car back. I don't want it."
Or what about the house that was once a "gift" but won't sell?
It just gets me right now.
That's all.


<< Home