catch up
I feel like I've been fairly quiet here on the interwebs for a few days, which is kind of unusual for me. I've spent the last few days primarily in coffee shops, restaurants, in the car, trying to find parking, and thinking about how good it is to have sunshine. I've been spending my time with such great people who I look forward to getting to know better...which is when I get a little sad about thinking that I have to leave in six weeks...
...
...hm.
...and then remind myself I've only been here a week....which feels impossible.
I spend most of my time thinking about that, and also thinking about how badly I wish someone would buy that car of mine that is sitting in a driveway on the other side of this country. Oh, and wishing that my cell phone worked in my house.
This last week has held a few great conversations about faith and honesty that have kept me on my toes. I'm always thankful for that.
I've been writing a bit, and have been totally desperate for an instrument to write with, and yesterday my new friend Bradley offered me one of his many guitars...and I am so stoked to go pick that up. I used to play all the time but kind of ditched guitar a couple years ago. I've really been considering picking it back up and playing again--not just as an instrument to write with, but actually playing...so perhaps this will force me into it, since I don't have a piano to play when I get sick of the guitar.
But I make no promises on that one.
I feel like I'm just rambling at this point, so its probably a good time to wrap this up until next time.
grace and peace.
xo,
-J
...
...hm.
...and then remind myself I've only been here a week....which feels impossible.
I spend most of my time thinking about that, and also thinking about how badly I wish someone would buy that car of mine that is sitting in a driveway on the other side of this country. Oh, and wishing that my cell phone worked in my house.
This last week has held a few great conversations about faith and honesty that have kept me on my toes. I'm always thankful for that.
I've been writing a bit, and have been totally desperate for an instrument to write with, and yesterday my new friend Bradley offered me one of his many guitars...and I am so stoked to go pick that up. I used to play all the time but kind of ditched guitar a couple years ago. I've really been considering picking it back up and playing again--not just as an instrument to write with, but actually playing...so perhaps this will force me into it, since I don't have a piano to play when I get sick of the guitar.
But I make no promises on that one.
I feel like I'm just rambling at this point, so its probably a good time to wrap this up until next time.
grace and peace.
xo,
-J


4 Comments:
Good to have you back on the web! Missed it!
I'm gonna get that car sold! Nice to know your picking up the guitar - it's a beautiful instrument. You're good at it too. Miss you and love you.
Dad
Are your parents and I the only ones who comment on a regular basis?:) Love you!
@jess: i think you three are just attracted to the same posts.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home