1.04.2008

observations

+People in Detroit drive HUGE vehicles. Some things you don't notice until you leave and then come back. This is one of those things.

+Sunshine is amazing. Some things you don't realize you are missing to the extent that you are until you have it. This is what happens when you move from Grand Rapids to DC.

+I'm beginning to believe that if you aren't falling down it means you aren't taking big enough risks.

+Detroit Pistons fans are NOISY. This is another thing you aren't aware of until you go to an away Pistons game in DC and feel like you're at a golf match. No kidding.

+Barack Obama is a phenomenal speaker. I was watching his last speech at the caucus and when he was done, I realized I was staring at the TV with my mouth open.

+DC's metro is a hundred times nicer than NYC's and Chicago's. Its actually pretty inside. No signs of urine or vomit, even.

+I'm just truly discovering Craigslist for the first time. Its a totally ridiculous website, but somehow I like it. New York's Craigslist is mass chaos, and I like it even more.

+Irregardless is not a word. It makes no sense. Conversely, if it is a word, it is used incorrectly almost 100% of the time, regardless of its actual meaning.

+Sign up for this webinar to be inspired and to jumpstart your creative/business mind.

+I have my first writing assignment and deadline. I haven't had a deadline since college. And that's just because the syllabus said so. More on this later.

+I hate the word "syllabus". And why are they always printed on color paper? And why is it always seafoam green?!?


That's all for now.

Oh, Mindy had a bridal shower in Detroit last week.

My eyes match Mindy's dress, which is a nice touch.

And here's a pic of Jess and I at Mutemath 3 months ago, only she just emailed me the pics today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Kast-Keat said...

Hey now...

12:28 PM, January 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home