11.08.2006

BUT. JUST. ONLY.

I don't understand what the heck people are thinking sometimes. I know, terrible sentence to preface a blog with, but stick with me. Remember a few weeks ago when I was mad at the news for covering a Paris Hilton story? Well, forget that. The news has really gone and done it this time.

I was watching Fox 17 News last night, and one of the anchors was giving a brief two or three line summary about an attack on an American base in Iraq. The newscaster ended the summary with this line:

"But the only deaths were just Iraqi civilians."

Are we really so foolish to throw our hands up and say that we truly don't know why so much of the world dislikes us? Perhaps its because we demean even the people we claim to be defending.

"But"..."only"..."just Iraqi".

Give me a break, news editor. Do some editing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home