i declare war

A few months ago I heard one of Matt Wertz's songs that I've never heard. Now, Matt did a show for the leaders at Mars a couple years back, and so I've been enjoying his music on and off for a bit, and have always enjoyed his uncanny ability to entertain an audience. The best part about his "entertainment" is that he tells lots of stories...they're stories that an average person would take no interest in aside from the fact that Matt is telling them. That guy is animated in the most unique ways that you've never seen. His stories, no matter what they're about, are a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Anyway, I've always appreciated his musicianship, but recently one of his songs has been haunting me, because there's just something about it. But I couldn't put my finger on it until JUST NOW. The song is called The Way I Feel, and you know what I love about this song? Well I'll tell you. This song is so aggressive. Matt Wertz attacks the melody and the song...its like he's trying to pick a fight with his music. It is incredible. I haven't heard an artist attack their song with such intensity in a long time. You must understand, attack doesn't just mean intensity. If it did, then all screamo music would be an attack. But its not. I'm not saying it can't be, it just isn't. This attack isn't ordinary. Its visceral. Its soul. Its brilliant. To hear this song go to his website (I think his website is being rebuilt?) and just give the song a minute to load. Don't cheat yourself. Listen to the whole song. Its all or nothing.
oh, and turn the volume up.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home