In the Margins
I feel very sad when someone is very excited and passionate about something, and they aren't being taken seriously. Now, I'd like to say that I'm not referring to myself. This appears to be a great setup for a smashing pity party, but actually its not. In reality I'm referring to the guy in the next room over. He's really excited about something, and you can tell he worked really hard on it, and no one has taken him seriously. He can tell he's not being taken seriously, so then it makes him nervous. The fact that he's nervous is apparent, which makes the people he's with take him less seriously. I feel sad about that. I feel sad for him. Because what if he thinks its his life's calling, what if its what he was born to do? What if its in his blood? (deja vu?) I feel sad for him. I don't even know his name, but let me tell you, guy in the next room, I'd take you seriously if I had the chance.


1 Comments:
Julie! Someone jumped on the blog train! How are ya? I love seeing your comments in my livejournal. I am in Chicago now and I hated it for awhile, but now it's not so bad. Keith gets here in one (one!) week. I still want to move back to Grand Rapids... haha. I start teaching on Tuesday (what!?!), so my life is crazy right now. We need to catch up like whoa. I miss you terribly!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home