things I've wanted to be
Its funny to think about the different things I've wanted to be throughout my life. Off the top of my head, I've at some point wanted to become the following:
+teacher
+vet (ew!)
+nurse
+unicorn (i actually remember being like...2 and wanting to be a unicorn, inspired by a My Little Pony I had...which was a unicorn, not a pony.)
+photographer
+writer
+producer
+lawyer
+diplomat
+senator
+model
+psyschologist
+social worker
but ALWAYS always, I've wanted to be a musician.
Anyway, I was thinking about it today, how so many times I've been interested in picking up photography, but recently realizing how bad of a match that is for me. I like to be in front of the camera, but am learning I don't enjoy being behind it. Its not energizing. Not to mention the sorting/editing process that takes place afterwards. I'm too distracted.
Today I assisted at a photoshoot for my new friend Neil, and I had fun assisting, but would never want to be the one taking the pictures.
Props to photographers for doing the hard work.
Also, stop laughing about the unicorn thing.
+teacher
+vet (ew!)
+nurse
+unicorn (i actually remember being like...2 and wanting to be a unicorn, inspired by a My Little Pony I had...which was a unicorn, not a pony.)
+photographer
+writer
+producer
+lawyer
+diplomat
+senator
+model
+psyschologist
+social worker
but ALWAYS always, I've wanted to be a musician.
Anyway, I was thinking about it today, how so many times I've been interested in picking up photography, but recently realizing how bad of a match that is for me. I like to be in front of the camera, but am learning I don't enjoy being behind it. Its not energizing. Not to mention the sorting/editing process that takes place afterwards. I'm too distracted.
Today I assisted at a photoshoot for my new friend Neil, and I had fun assisting, but would never want to be the one taking the pictures.
Props to photographers for doing the hard work.
Also, stop laughing about the unicorn thing.


3 Comments:
Thanks so much for your comments the other day on my post about my daughter getting a bead stuck up her nose. All is now well. I love this post...it really made me think about all those things I wanted to be.
Don't be so embarrassed, dear Julie. At one point, I wanted to be a magician. Cape and magic wand and all. :)
for the record, a magician is a much better profession than a unicorn.....at least for a human.
brother
haha
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home