4.22.2008

the weirdies always find me

Always. They always find me.

Its not that the encounters I have with weirdies are all that abnormal, its just the frequency at which they occur.

Allow me to demonstrate this phenomenon:

Model A: In a shuttle from the airport to my house.
Guy: You are very beautiful.
Me: Thank you.
Guy: No you are really just very beautiful.
Me: Thanks, that's kind of you.
(insert 10 minutes of silence/small talk)
Guy: Do you have any money I can borrow? I don't have enough to pay for the shuttle ride.

Model B: Walking down the street in Hollywood with 3 guy friends. No other females within a 50 foot radius.
Pseudo-homeless middle-aged African American guy walking toward us says to the guy to my left: HEY HEY HEY! LOOK AT YOU GUY! LOOK AT YOU BRO! LOOK AT THAT FINE BLACK WOMAN YOU GOT!

Really?

Model C: At a local coffee shop.
Guy starts small talk. He's a poet. He gives me a book of his poetry. Sounds like destiny, you say? Yeah, except that it was a stapled together bunch of paper with coffee and other unidentifiable stains on it.
Topped off with:
Guy: Want to recite songs to each other?
Me: No. No I do not.

Model D: Sitting at a red light, waiting to turn left, minding my own business. A guy riding by on his bike looks at me and yells with such great fury and anger in his voice:
"HIPSTEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And last,

Model E: Sitting at a local coffee shop. I was wearing silver flats.
Guy: So are you a dancer or are you just wearing those for style?
Me: Oh, I don't even like them. I picked them up in NY because my shoes were hurting my feet and these were the most comfortable thing I could find. I'm not a dancer and I'm not wearing them for style either.
Guy: You're not wearing them for style? You better watch what you say here.

Seriously?

I may not want to live the rest of my life in the Midwest, but I'm pretty glad I have my nice raised-in-the-midwest morals/courtesy.

Don't worry California, I like you anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, that is hilarious! I vote for Model B as the funniest! Unbelievable! Anyone else got a vote?

3:47 PM, April 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home