this book glares at me
I have this book called Bold Love that I've been trying to read for about 6 months now. I know that I must read it.
I have tried.
Over and Over.
I have thrown it across the room.
...on more than one occasion.
Every time I open it to read it, I can never make it past the first page...which, much to my chagrin, I have come to realize after multiple attempts at reading the book is not the Introduction, but the Foreward.
I can't even make it past the Foreward of this book.
Here are the first thoughts of the world's best-written and most difficult Foreward:
Good Lord.
A year from now I'll be lucky if I'm on page 10.
I have tried.
Over and Over.
I have thrown it across the room.
...on more than one occasion.
Every time I open it to read it, I can never make it past the first page...which, much to my chagrin, I have come to realize after multiple attempts at reading the book is not the Introduction, but the Foreward.
I can't even make it past the Foreward of this book.
Here are the first thoughts of the world's best-written and most difficult Foreward:
We'll never get it quite right until we're home. Only then will we be safe from damaging assault, uncorrupted by false values, and entirely free to live by design. But until then, God has made provision for our joy in the middle of adversity. He quietly stirs up a hunger for purity that is stronger than lust; and He empowers us to pursue other people, even ones who mistreat us, in the strength of forgiveness and restorative grace... We're better at singing about joy than sensing its reality when adversity hits. We're more inclined to resign ourselves to conceal impurities than to honestly confront our defeat. And we like to measure our spirituality in terms that never require us to face the deadness in our souls, which takes the passion out of our relationships.
Good Lord.
A year from now I'll be lucky if I'm on page 10.


2 Comments:
Caught your site off of ragamuffinsoul. Thanks for the look at a unique church setting!
Stop on by my site if you ever have some time to waste!
Take care!
-Jason
Whoa. That book sounds wicked-sweet...
By the way, I miss you and your beautiful voice! Call me soon so we can catch up! :)
Love you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home