2.04.2008

a little poetry

This came out at church yesterday after we ate a big meal together. Its at least a two part poem, if not two separate pieces altogether. (Yes, I know I just said "separate" and "altogether". I'm into tension right now.)

Much later after I wrote this, I had a timely conversation about the song Bittersweet Symphony (thank you). Earlier today I realized the song paired with this poem is nearly the absolute culmination of these last couple months. (I know, I know..."nearly" and "absolute culmination"...tension...) If by chance that song lives in your iTunes library, consider turning it on now.

But being that I just gave more backstory than I ever do on anything I write, I'll take this as my queue to stop explaining and allow you to read.



Do not push against the wind
Move with it.
Do not fight the waves
Move with them.
Do not shield the rain
Dance with it.
Do not hide from the thunder
Sing with it.

Do not brace against the wind
Do not be fooled into standing still
Move with it.

************

Move with the change
Twirl with the wind
Dance with the breeze.

Birds will dance around my upraised arms
The rain will kiss my open lips
The leaves will dance around my feet
And we will move
Together, with the breeze.

Even the snow will add its glitter to the dance
And I will shine.
And move with the change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home