2.27.2008

roadtrip, anyone?

Cities that I need to get out of my system:

Seattle
Nashville
Los Angeles
Austin
Boston
San Francisco

I've had this Nashville curse for life, and even though I never really like Nashville that much when I'm there, I always think about going. Why? What's really so great about it? Nothing, really. I hope saying that doesn't get me in trouble with any of you. Besides, I still want to come.

The rest...never been...gotta get them out of my system...though I'll probably want to go back to all of them...over and over...or just stay...

Unless they're like Chicago. Which I kind of feel the same way about as I do Nashville. This is a terrible thing, being that its the pride and joy of the midwest and I should probably do a better job representing. I know, simultaneously taking a jab at Nashville and Chicago just lost me most of my friends.

If you compared everything to New York, you'd be overly critical of Chicago and Nashville, too.

Speaking of New York (great/awful transition), I'm off to New York/New Jersey again tomorrow, to make the most of Mindy's last month as a hot bachelorette.

Also, to all my West Michigan friends, I'll be flying into GR on Sunday for work and will be there for a week. Call/text/email/ichat if you want to get coffee/eat/drink/dance party/complain about your horrible weather. Feel free to overtly make fun of me for agreeing to go to GR during your worst winter in years. I see an anti-Michigan weather blog post in my near future.

Until then, I'll be on the Jersey Shore. With the power of EZ Pass, I'll be there in no time.

Buckle Up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Be safe, have fun - I will miss you!
Love you!

4:13 PM, February 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicago hater #2... right here!
see you soon buddy!

6:42 PM, February 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

new york is pretty awesome... however, chicago is definitely one of my favourite, if not the favourite, American city so far. It's a toss up between Chicago and New York for me... right now being in Chicago during the FREEZING weather, Chicago still wins. I love this city! Are you coming through Chi-town? Or will you be back in DC next week? Would be cool to connect with you.

10:17 PM, February 28, 2008  
Blogger Julie said...

@bets: i wrote this post confidently knowing you'd still be my friend.

10:02 AM, February 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seattle.

2:02 PM, March 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home