one of these things is not like the other
I'm into juxtaposition and tension right now. I'm not sure its really resonating with people around me who must endure it, but its really doing something for me lately. Finding and embracing the thing that doesn't belong...its what my eye keeps finding. I'm not sure the way I capture it actually looks good, but that's the less important aspect of it to me at this point. Its admittedly not a pretty picture...what I enjoy more is seeing it and finding it...sometimes I think I have the eye, or maybe the vision for it, but not the desire, or maybe just lack the knowledge.
I used to be really into politics...A lot has changed, but you still can't take the politics out of me. I just exhibit it differently now, I guess.

To me this is a really harsh and politically noisy picture, but the response I got so far from my test audience (aka ma and dad) is that it might actually be subtle/boring. I'm not sure if thats a difference of generation, or of personality, or of perception, or of interpretation. Its kind of like how I find Amiina to be really intense, and my mom thinks its great sleepy-time music. We're both right, I think.
I used to be really into politics...A lot has changed, but you still can't take the politics out of me. I just exhibit it differently now, I guess.
To me this is a really harsh and politically noisy picture, but the response I got so far from my test audience (aka ma and dad) is that it might actually be subtle/boring. I'm not sure if thats a difference of generation, or of personality, or of perception, or of interpretation. Its kind of like how I find Amiina to be really intense, and my mom thinks its great sleepy-time music. We're both right, I think.


1 Comments:
Julie
I love the picture. I love the juxtaposition and the tension. And I love what it says politically - I see both environmentalism and economics.
i love it
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home