12.01.2007

this little community i found....

i've been meaning to tell you about this little community I found, but I keep forgetting.

I moved here a month ago coming from a church of 10,000. I went to a local mega church here of around 14,000, and though it was nice, I was invited to another church, a community of artists. I didn't really need to be asked twice to go.

So for a month I've been going to this little church called Convergence, a place with a serious appreciation for the arts. There are between 30 and 40 people who gather each week. It is awesome.

What I love most is that there's nothing glamorous about it. Draw your own conclusions on that one.

After the first Sunday I had a show later that same week, and a few people from the church actually came! And then last night I had a show, and I got this great email from one of the pastors, apologizing that she couldn't come and wished me good luck, etc. Then today I took a moment to read an email from their email list, and noticed that my show last night was listed on news and events. So THIS is what its like for the church to support artists. I tell you, its a great feeling.

Its not that I need attention. Well, not true, I do need attention. But what I mean is that its not like I need my church community to give me attention for being a musician. So, the fact that its not an obligation, but they do it anyway without me even being aware of it initially...that's real.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's cool! We all need to feel like we belong! So glad Convergence does that for you! Big answer to prayer!

10:20 PM, December 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! that church sounds great. i'm glad you found a like-minded community out there. i saw your myspace comment and should be pretty unbusy. when are you visiting?

oh... and i was wondering if you too received this MILF advertisement? haha.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14748793/detail.html

11:46 PM, December 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home