12.16.2007

peace

During the holiday season we talk a lot of about the idea of peace.

Peace on earth.

It seems that most days are anything but peaceful, the way I live, and the way our society in general lives.

But in the midst of the noise, there are glimpses of peace. Some are temporal. In fact, most are. Almost like a blip on the timeline of noise and of life where heaven pulls back the curtain, steps in and says "hello", and then we are distracted once again. Or maybe more accurately, we become aware of the heaven that is already present.

Regardless of the means, the end is the same. A moment of calm. Joy. Peace. Hope. Love. Laughter. Quiet. Whatever it looks like at the time.

I thought I'd share a few of those things that have been bringing me peace as of late.

Music...
Meet Me By the Water, by Rachael Yamagata
Hljomalind, by Sigur Ros

Rain. I woke up around 5am yesterday from the noisy Louisville rain. I was under a pile of blankets, and it rained for hours. I liked knowing that the rain was icy cold, contrasted with how warm and cozy I felt at the time.

Solitude. Solitude is not always peaceful. But right now, in this moment...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hm, interesting.

2:54 PM, December 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace is when Jesus enters...enters your/my heart, your/my circumstances, your/my world. He is Prince of Peace. His very presence brings shalom. His voice brings peace. His strength brings peace. His ways bring peace. Think of the disciples in the boat, in the storm, believing there was no hope. Someone invited Jesus into the situation. He stood. Spoke peace. And evenything changed. Imagine! He is our peace!

4:37 PM, December 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home