10.29.2007

Red Bank.

Mindy had a briday shower on Saturday...lots of Italian food...lots of loud Italians. It was awesome.

Today I'm in Red Bank, New Jersey.

Yesterday Mindy and I went into New York. I just want to gush about that city and how incredible I find it and how amazing I feel when I'm there.

We spent the whole day in SoHo and the Lower East Side. I fell in love with the Lower East Side. Amazing there. Its like Eastown times ten on steroids plus richer culture and a touch of class. So really, nothing like Eastown. I'm going to move there one day. I didn't take any photos of the Lower East Side....but here's SoHo:


We had dinner at a fabulous Thai restaurant called Peep. Its on Prince Street. Please go there the next time you are in SoHo. And check out the bathrooms. Holy freak out.

We found Pianos and The Living Room in the Lower East Side. I'm playing at Pianos in two weeks, and now I'm thrilled. Its a super cool place. I would like to thank Mindy for putting up with me, since I dragged her around NY at night to try and find Pianos. At least I knew what street it was on, I just had no idea where the street was. So maybe I stretched the truth about my confidence of knowing where it was....you know Mindy is getting stressed when she starts making you run across every intersection....but we found it, because that's how I do. I always find it. You just have to be willing to wander through Chinatown first.

Before heading back to Penn Station, Mindy and I stopped at a great coffee shop in the Lower East Side. It was a part health food store part coffee shop. There is a studio downstairs, which was pretty great because they were tracking drums and you could hear it and feel it in the floor.

Lets move to the Lower East Side, k? I hate how unaffordable it is in NY. Anyone want to move into a little hole in the wall apartment and split rent? Anyone know how I can get myself into a nice Will & Grace situation? Anyone know where I can just find lots of money to pay for a regular apartment?

Ok well....back to VA. I like it there too.

1 Comments:

Blogger josh and michele said...

OOoo...I want to try some Peep thai. Although I'm not sure it could beat Bangkok. Mae's cooking is hard to beat in my opinion. I also want to try some New York. :)
It's good to see you looking so happy.
love michele

3:35 PM, October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home