10.23.2007

I didn't know people did things like this:


We pulled into the driveway at about 11pm on Monday night after our 15 hour trek through Michigan, Ohio, Pennslyvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and finally Virginia. We walked to the door, and that's what I found sitting on the porch.

Honestly, people really do things like this. I had no idea. I frequent Ragamuffinsoul.com--the blog of a young-at-heart-goofy-yet-passionate-worship-leader/director who just moved with his family from CA to GA. Someone did something similar for him, and I was seriously blown away that people are that thoughtful. Then I got here last night and behold--people really do things like that. Amazing.

It replaces the feeling that you're moving to a giant metropolitan area where no one knows you exist with the feeling that someone actually knows and even cares that you have arrived. And they know it is your birthday. And you've never met them. Amazing.

Thanks Robbie and Liz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home