for derek:
I didn't forget.


Its been raining here for days. Its beginning to really bother me that this coast has been seeing rain for days on end, and the west coast is in desperate need of a little rain, and gets nothing.
Jamie T always says the right thing. He puts words to things the way you wish you could when you can't.
Or maybe, the way I wish I could when I can't.
"Our team was driving back from Miami tonight, and it started to rain. And the rain felt really unfair because we're not the ones who need it. Why is it raining in Florida while California burns? Heck, there's a drought in Georgia, but it's raining in Florida. It should rain in those places.
i think we can all agree that life is hard. Most of the time? I would say yes. Mostly, i'm aware that my heart and mind are fragile. Dangerous places. As we get older, or maybe you already have, we realize our bodies are fragile. They break too. And now we're reminded in these days that look like scenes from a movie, that even our planet is a dangerous place. If it's not one thing, it's another...
i can't say why some people find love when others walk alone, why some feel free when others carry chains. i can't say why some doors open but some stay slammed, why some people seem to have perfect families when others live among the screaming. i don't know why it rained in Florida tonight."
Its been raining here for days. Its beginning to really bother me that this coast has been seeing rain for days on end, and the west coast is in desperate need of a little rain, and gets nothing.
Or maybe, the way I wish I could when I can't.
"Our team was driving back from Miami tonight, and it started to rain. And the rain felt really unfair because we're not the ones who need it. Why is it raining in Florida while California burns? Heck, there's a drought in Georgia, but it's raining in Florida. It should rain in those places.
i think we can all agree that life is hard. Most of the time? I would say yes. Mostly, i'm aware that my heart and mind are fragile. Dangerous places. As we get older, or maybe you already have, we realize our bodies are fragile. They break too. And now we're reminded in these days that look like scenes from a movie, that even our planet is a dangerous place. If it's not one thing, it's another...
i can't say why some people find love when others walk alone, why some feel free when others carry chains. i can't say why some doors open but some stay slammed, why some people seem to have perfect families when others live among the screaming. i don't know why it rained in Florida tonight."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home