7.16.2007

this shirt is sweet.

I was visiting a church over in the Detroit area with my Mom and a few family friends.
I noticed that the drummer (who played a cajon at one point and it was so awesome) had the sweetest shirt ever from To Write Love On Her Arms. TWLOHA is a fab organization started by a really cool guy named Jamie who I had the priveledge of meeting (and who was nice enough to write a review for my press kit). I just realized using the words "fab" and "really cool" make my last sentence sound like a cheap plug.

I can't write a blog without going down a rabbit trail and I sincerely apologize for that. Back to the story.

OK so, drummer. Sweet TWLOHA shirt. The whole time I'm thinking how I'm going to have to con someone into buying that shirt for me (when in Dutchland, do as the Dutch do).

So after we had left church, someone I was with mentioned how the drummer looked dumb because he was wearing girl clothes. And then they poked fun at him for being skinny and wearing a shirt that was really tight. I interjected. Don't make fun of musicians. Sure: skinny, the occasional girl clothing product. I say too bad the rest of America doesn't have any style. (but how do you really feel, Julie?)

Point is: cool skinny musician wearing this shirt made me want the shirt. The unfortunate thing is it will never look as cool on me (or any girl for that matter) as it did the skinny drummer guy. The best part is that it turns out it is a mens' shirt that only comes in girls' sizes. This is especially confusing when you're a girl....ordering a mens' shirt...in girl sizes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home