9.12.2007

in bullet points....

A few items of interest:

+Betsy, Keith and I saw The Cinematics last night. They rocked my socks off. I still can't seem to locate them. The Mines opened. They rocked too.

+Speaking of The Mines, Troy asked me yesterday if I want to be part of the music team in the Shed. Then this morning I got a phone call because Kent is wondering if I'll join his team in the Shed. I've been here for four years, brothas! Why a month before I leave? I was trying to explain to Rob that I can't do it this Sunday because I'm getting my wisdom teeth out, he said in his quick undercut kind of manner: "Well what's the problem? There's no problem here. Do you play the piano with your teeth? There's no problem."

+Lawrence Kushner is my favorite author.

+The Chinese government recently passed a law making it illegal for the Dali Lama to reincarnate without government approval. I'm no reincarnation buff, but I can't imagine how that would complicate the whole reincarnation process....

+The most exciting thing to happen today at Flannel were the elephants in the street.

+Today Sue put into words what I've been trying to say about Grand Rapids for years...."Living here is like living in a culture free zone." THANK YOU, Sue. Thank you. More on this idea later.

+I'm writing a series of essays called "I Didn't Ask For A Story". I figure if all of my attempts at a performing arts career fail, I ought to brush up on my writing skills so I can become an author, instead. Otherwise, I can live my dream of hearing Howie say "Julie, open case 22." (You wonder if I'm serious...) To curb any questions in advance, consider this no different than when I write music. No, you probably cannot read it until I am done. Yes, I insist on being mysterious. No, I'm probably not going to change.

+I would like to memorize some poetry. I just don't know what poetry.

+I'm looking for a friend who will purchase the $2 fares from Spirit Airlines with me on a regular basis. Please submit your resume with a letter of interest.

+In the last few months, I have read these books: "Prince Caspian", "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", "Blue like Jazz", "Everything Belongs", "God Was In This Place and I, i Did Not Know", and "A Framework for Understanding Poverty". Read the two with the longest titles.

+I'm trying to organize some recording this fall. Wooty.

+My birthday celebration commenced on August 22, for those of you who are not aware that I begin celebrating 2 months in advance. You may also want to know that this year I will be turning 22 again.

That's all for now.

xoxo.

1 Comments:

Blogger josh and michele said...

that was the greatest post ever. aaaahhh the elephants. :)

8:29 AM, September 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home