i'm embarrassed
I'm embarrassed, I'm not gonna lie.
Earlier this summer I said I was going through my things, simplifying, throwing away, donating. I thought I did a good job.
I decided to go through my shoes tonight, while I was packing. I feel like I need to share this with you to keep myself accountable here. Here's a bit of what I found.

On the left: my tennis shoes from when I played on the tennis team. I was fourteen when I bought these. FOURTEEN. On the right: the only pair of boots that I have ever owned. I only have one recollection of wearing said boots, and it was in high school. Look closely, you will see the dust on them.

I'm not sure what to say about this. Except that the bottom two pairs are identical. And this is embarrassing, not only because they are denim but also because these are just the sandals that I don't wear. I am afraid to pile on the ones that I do wear.
I found a few gems that I'm afraid are going to stay.

Sick, I know. But you guys, I wore these sandals EVERY day while I lived in Puebla. I walked miles and miles and miles in these things. There's something really sweet about that, in my unhealthy, nostalgic mind.

About two months after I returned from Puebla, my three chicas, Sarah (a fellow gringa), Maricarmen, and Liliana wrote me letters on these sandals and mailed them to me. They didn't even package them. On the bottom of the left sandal is my address and postage. It was the most amazing thing I have ever received.
Oh, one last thing:
Earlier this summer I said I was going through my things, simplifying, throwing away, donating. I thought I did a good job.
I decided to go through my shoes tonight, while I was packing. I feel like I need to share this with you to keep myself accountable here. Here's a bit of what I found.

On the left: my tennis shoes from when I played on the tennis team. I was fourteen when I bought these. FOURTEEN. On the right: the only pair of boots that I have ever owned. I only have one recollection of wearing said boots, and it was in high school. Look closely, you will see the dust on them.

I'm not sure what to say about this. Except that the bottom two pairs are identical. And this is embarrassing, not only because they are denim but also because these are just the sandals that I don't wear. I am afraid to pile on the ones that I do wear.
I found a few gems that I'm afraid are going to stay.

Sick, I know. But you guys, I wore these sandals EVERY day while I lived in Puebla. I walked miles and miles and miles in these things. There's something really sweet about that, in my unhealthy, nostalgic mind.

About two months after I returned from Puebla, my three chicas, Sarah (a fellow gringa), Maricarmen, and Liliana wrote me letters on these sandals and mailed them to me. They didn't even package them. On the bottom of the left sandal is my address and postage. It was the most amazing thing I have ever received.
Oh, one last thing:


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home