Pistons....its a sad day
Lets stop all this crazy music talk, and change things up here for a minute.
Can we just debrief about the last couple of weeks of Pistons basketball?
I'm not an avid sports fan. I appreciate athletics, but haven't ever had a passion for athletics.
BUT...
I spent a large portion of my life in metro Detroit. And thanks to the great Pistons from the 80s and 90s like Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Grant Hill, (yes, even Dennis Rodman at one point) my love for the Pistons hasn't waivered.
I've had this lingering feeling in the last 5 or so years that people like to pick on the Pistons. And by people, I mean the referees. I hardly ever have the "unfair ref" conversation, but lets just go there for a few minutes.
Why do the refs pick on the Pistons?
Is it because Teyshaun is kind of whiney?

Or maybe because Rasheed talks a little too much?


Or maybe you just don't like Rip's face guard, is that it?

It can't be Chauncey, unless you don't like perfectly shaved heads. It couldn't have been Big Ben Wallace's hair, besides, he's gone and we still get picked on.
So what is it then?
I'm not trying to say that its the refs' fault that the Pistons lost the last few games and didn't make it to the finals. I'll admit that they didn't play their top game. But I'm tempted to blame about 25% of that on the fact that they were thrown off mentally by frustration after frustration on the court.
We all saw it last night when Rasheed had what I would classify as a category 2 meltdown.
But think about it. Cleveland had to work their butts off like a bunch of crazy men to keep a couple point lead three games in a row, and the Pistons were arguably sucking. If you have to work your butt off to beat a team that is sucking, well, that sucks.
An example of unfair treatment, you ask?
Last night...there are only 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. LaBron James gets called for a foul....for the first time in the whole game. To make it even crazier, he went to the free throw line nineteen times. I mean, it would be one thing if it were someone else. But we all know how physical of a player he is. To be called on it for the first time when there's only four minutes left in the game? This is nuts.
I just love you, Pistons, that's all.
Alright, I'll stop. I just had to get that off my chest. I promise I won't bicker about sports again until this time next year when the Pistons get picked on again.
In the meantime, go Spurs.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home