solo in malibu
I am relearning the art of what used to be very natural for me--solitude. I still love the idea of it, but to be honest, am a bit intimidated by it these days. It's difficult to set aside (or make myself set aside) time for it. The ocean makes me hold still the longest, so today I went to Malibu. This is my favorite beach there. In all of southern California, actually, at least at this point.

Rumor has it this beach functions as a nude beach during summer months.
But, scarf + coat = not summer and/or not nude:

I think half the fun of going to Malibu is the drive to get there. Since I live further north than I used to, I got to take the scenic route through the canyons. No photos....didn't want to drive off a cliff.
Listened to Ryan Adams...Paper Route...The Pipettes...Chopin...Jan Kazcmarek...eclectic enough.
Good to get away. Good to come home. Good to feel like I have one.
Rumor has it this beach functions as a nude beach during summer months.
But, scarf + coat = not summer and/or not nude:
I think half the fun of going to Malibu is the drive to get there. Since I live further north than I used to, I got to take the scenic route through the canyons. No photos....didn't want to drive off a cliff.
Listened to Ryan Adams...Paper Route...The Pipettes...Chopin...Jan Kazcmarek...eclectic enough.
Good to get away. Good to come home. Good to feel like I have one.


2 Comments:
Next time I come out, you'll have to take me there! Looks beautiful! And the drive through the canyons sounds awesome! Miss you!
me too... me too...
i saw your twitter and it made me a little jealous. i know i just got to spend time at the beach i love the most, but still, i miss it already!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home