i could learn something from Ryan Adams.
Turns out I could learn a thing or two from Ryan Adams, who I didn't know I was a fan of until recently.
Just read this rambling (spoken...and edited) of his--it may not be the most profound thing you'll ever read, but it's certainly human and honest, and for that reason comforting and even a little bit beautiful.
Just read this rambling (spoken...and edited) of his--it may not be the most profound thing you'll ever read, but it's certainly human and honest, and for that reason comforting and even a little bit beautiful.
I think maybe after you have a nervous breakdown and reestablish who you are, maybe that’s that quiet time to start reusing your memberships to museums, and you actually look around. Or maybe I should say I started looking around and I saw a person that I could deal with--my own self. I saw a life I could live, you know? I could exist, you know? I could exist here, peacefully, on my own. Being just who I am. And not counting the minutes in between panic attacks, or not counting the minutes in between when I felt like I was going to be betrayed--or let down by my own self or other people. Just me, and time. Just me, and my ideas... I don’t know if I like this growing up stuff. It's retarded. It's completely stupid. And I think the punkest thing I could be besides being sober and dealing, is actually enjoying myself, and just accepting that there’s just some stuff I like. And some of that stuff is shallow. And I don’t care. I’m not in a punk rock band. I don’t care if I wash my hair. And I don’t care if I go to Barneys because I feel like I need to do something nice for myself. I guess that’s ok. And I guess I’m ok.


1 Comments:
ya. he is beyond great. not of his time really. but so amazing. i love ryan adams. love love love. i see monsters.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home