8.05.2008

back in black.

I'm back in California tonight. What a crazy crazy couple of months--the last 3 weeks especially.

It has been quite the ride. Meeting new people every day for weeks on end--and being in different cities almost every other day.

It's tiring and draining, but its inspiring and energizing all at once.

I'm exhausted, and I'm encouraged.

Somewhere along the way, the road trip turned into a kind of spiritual pilgrimage. I mentioned that to Daley during the final drive between Phoenix and LA this afternoon. He agreed and said "But it wasn't on purpose."

He's right, and I think that's what made it so meaningful.

We sat on porches and in living rooms and at restaurants with people from different faiths and walks of life.

Last night and this morning we finished the trip at the feet of a Buddhist monk and an agnostic Jew.

I feel like I have a weeks worth of writing to do.

Thanks to everyone who shared their homes and food and beds and time and hearts.

2 Comments:

Blogger jimkastkeat said...

sounds like quite the trip. writing is definitely a must. do i foresee a series of memoir-esque posts in the near future?

7:32 AM, August 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jules, I have so excited that this trip was what it needed to be for you and more! I am happy to hear you are home and safe at that. Love you and miss you. Think of you often.

12:34 PM, August 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home