7.24.2009

keeping my neurosis in check

Hello there.

Anyone else hate the internet?

I don't mean in the way that's trendy to hate the internet. I mean, a real actual hate toward the internet.

Last night my friends and I were reminiscing about our days in Jr. High and High School and realized we honestly couldn't remember how we ever knew about concerts and shows without having the internet to tell us when and where to go. Remember when someone used to give you a flyer for something, and you held onto it for weeks? Remember when you used to check the weekly newspaper for event dates and concerts?

Remember when you used to call your friends?

Remember when you used to communicate with someone and know for sure if you were being heard? You didn't have to carry around that paranoia--did they get my text? Did they see that email? Did they see that twitter? (I refuse to say "tweet.") Did they see that IM?

Is there anyone on the other side of the glowing rectangle I just transmitted this information to???

Why did we do that? Now we're just a bunch of paranoid neurotics.

Miserable, I tell you.

That's all. Ok thanks bye.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Andrew Shepherd said...

But glad I 'met' you.

8:46 PM, July 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home