on green grass:
Why did I say yes to that?
Why did I say no?
Why did I say that?
Why didn't I say that?
Should I have stayed?
Should I have gone?
What would life be like now if I wouldn't have done that?
What would I be like?
You'll never run out of ways to second-guess.
It will drive you crazy if you let it.
So I'll give myself grace.
The trick is to keep your heart soft and alive.
No one really knows if the grass is greener.
Perhaps the only thing you can know is that on the other side, the grass is different than it is here.
It's ok when things don't turn out the way you planned.
It's ok when you find out you don't have what you thought that you had.
Grace, grace, grace.
Why did I say no?
Why did I say that?
Why didn't I say that?
Should I have stayed?
Should I have gone?
What would life be like now if I wouldn't have done that?
What would I be like?
You'll never run out of ways to second-guess.
It will drive you crazy if you let it.
So I'll give myself grace.
The trick is to keep your heart soft and alive.
No one really knows if the grass is greener.
Perhaps the only thing you can know is that on the other side, the grass is different than it is here.
It's ok when things don't turn out the way you planned.
It's ok when you find out you don't have what you thought that you had.
Grace, grace, grace.


1 Comments:
Excellent - Dad always says, "Think how much manure it took to make the grass that green on the other side of the fence." Good perspective!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home